Collection and Use of Personal Information
Bonify collects personal information from its customers and others (an “Individual”) when an Individual subscribes for services, purchases products, or shares information on the Site, and may from time to time collect additional personal information in the course of providing such products and services. Bonify uses such personal information as is reasonably required to provide the requested services, products, or information, and as is otherwise required or permitted by the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (the “ACMPR”) and other applicable laws, including as follows:
- When an Individual registers with the Site, Bonify collects and retains personal information such as the Individual’s name and contact information. Bonify will use this information to confirm the Individual’s registration status and to maintain the Individual’s account.
- In order to provide some services governed by the ACMPR to an Individual, Bonify is required by law to collect certain personal information about that Individual, including information about the Individual’s health care.
Under the ACMPR and other applicable laws, Bonify may potentially be required to disclose some or all of this information to government officials or law enforcement personnel, the International Narcotics Control Board or competent authorities of foreign governments.
This information includes:
- the Individual’s given name, surname, date of birth and gender;
- contact information including the Individual’s mailing address, phone number, and email address, as applicable;
- if applicable, the given name, surname, date of birth and gender of one or more persons who are responsible for the Individual, as well as contact information for such persons;
- a valid prescription or other medical document, issued by an authorized medical practitioner;
- the given name, surname, professional status and address of the health care practitioner who issued a prescription or other medical document on behalf of the Individual;
- if applicable, the consent of the health care practitioner to receive shipments on the Individual’s behalf;
- order details about the product sold or provided, including the quantity ordered; and
- the address to which the product is to be shipped.
Bonify will use this information only (i) to comply with the requirements of the ACMPR and (ii) to carry out various functions with and for the Individual so the Individual may take advantage of the products or services offered on the Site.
- Personal information about an Individual, including credit card or other financial information, is collected when an Individual purchases a product or service from Bonify. Bonify will use this information as reasonably necessary to process the transaction. Bonify will also retain and may use this information to develop and improve its product services and offerings.
- From time to time, Bonify may obtain the Individual’s consent to use the Individual’s contact information to provide newsletters, alerts, bulletins, or other similar communications.
- From time to time, Bonify may offer interactive services which allow the Individual to share information with other users of the Site, such as message boards, user reviews, or other similar functions. These features may permit the Individual to publish personal information about him or herself, or about another individual. By submitting such information, the Individual represents: (a) that the Individual consents to its collection, retention, and public disclosure; and (b) that the Individual has obtained the same consent from any other individuals, as applicable.
- Bonify may collect demographic and profile data in connection with the Site and may use such data to tailor each Individual’s experience at the Site and to display the Site content according to the Individual’s preferences.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Bonify may disclose personal information as follows:
- to third-party service providers or agents who provide services to or on behalf of Bonify, as further detailed below;
- to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences, in connection with the prevention or investigation of suspected fraudulent activities or harm to individuals or property, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or in connection with an emergency that warrants use or disclosure of the information;
- to regulatory authorities, as required or permitted by the ACMPR and other applicable law;
- to legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors or in connection with the sale, reorganization, or management of all or part of its business or operations; and
- as consented to by an Individual from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected.
Bonify will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with an Individual’s consent or as required or permitted by law. Consent may be express or implied, and given in writing by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally, or by the Individual’s conduct, such as use of the services or products.
Use or Disclosure for Research Purposes
In order to improve its processes, products and/or service offerings, Bonify may from time to time make use of aggregated and non-identifying information (“Aggregated Data”) for research purposes, such as to better understand the needs and wants of its customers and users. Bonify may disclose such Aggregated Data, which will not personally identify any Individual, to its affiliates, agents, service providers and business partners for these purposes.
From time to time, Bonify may request an Individual’s consent to use or disclose personal information about the Individual for research purposes, including in relation to the Individual’s use of marihuana for medical purposes. For example, Bonify may invite an Individual to complete a survey or to participate in a study, which may be conducted by Bonify or by a third party. Bonify will not use or disclose an Individual’s personal information for such research purposes without the Individual’s express consent, which may be withheld or denied without consequence to the use of any unrelated function of the Site, including access to any other products or services offered.
Storage and Processing
The information an Individual provides to Bonify is stored on our secure servers. Possible payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given an Individual a unique identifier code, password or any other piece of information as a part of a registration scheme or a security procedure to enable an Individual to access certain parts of our Site, an Individual is responsible for keeping this password confidential. An Individual should not share such information with anyone who is not of Legal Age in the country or other territory in which an Individual is located or is accessing our Site or to anyone in a country or other territory where use of our Site is not permitted. When placing orders with Bonify Medical Cannabis, an Individual’s information is securely contained within our 256 bit encryption software.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect an Individual’s personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of an Individual’s data transmitted to any of our Sites; any transmission is at an Individual’s own risk. Once we have received an Individual’s information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies and IP Addresses
An Individual’s IP address is reported by his/her web browser whenever s/he visits a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with an Individual’s registration information on our databases.
The security of an Individual’s Personal Information is important to us. We use advanced efforts to store and maintain an Individual’s Personal Information in a highly secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that is provided to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of an Individual’s Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated.
Bonify protects against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of physical, organizational, and technological measures and appropriate training of employees.
An Individual may opt out of receiving further communications by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our email communications or by contacting the Privacy Officer using the contact information provided below. Any such opt-out will not apply to any communications that are required by law, such as to comply with obligations under the ACMPR.
Attention: Privacy Officer